Sunday, September 25, 2011

Trends in Programming and Database

Information Technology is always in flux, but recently the field has experienced more and more significant changes than any time in recent memory. Many of the basic paradigms of computing are changing. More and more computing power is moving on to mobile devices such as phones and tablets. More and more we access our data and applications from the cloud. Computing is social and omnipresent. For would be developers and people thinking of entering the IT field the changes can be bewildering. What should I learn? What skills should I master? On What should I focus?

I am going to begin a new subject line in this blog called "trends." In these entries I am going to focus on arising trends in programming and database, and, in particular, the skills required to get entry level jobs in these changing fields.

Some of the topics I will look at include:

  • The new mobile market including phones and tablets
  • Device programming (gps, cars, house, smart grid, etc.
  • Cloud computing, including cloud databases
  • Windows 8
  • HTML 5
  • Security

I will also look at other topics as they arise

I encourage comments and suggestions

No comments:

Post a Comment